December 3, 2008

The Glow of Christmas!


So here's a little snippet of my tree to share with all.  It has been up since October 1st, YES... that's not a typo, it has truly been up since October 1st! What can I say, but that I love Christmas and want to dream & drink it in longer than three weeks or a month for that matter! All my ornaments are the old fashion glass kind and it has taken me (with the help of family) about four years to collect what I have now.  My tree is in the corner as I still don't have enough to go completely around just yet, but I'm getting there!  I allow myself to purchase at least 3-5 a year as they are so expensive!  

This type of tree reminds me of my grandma who is now passed on.  Her tree was perfection each year laden with the original tinsel strategically placed on each bow... oh it looked like something out of a magazine with glass ornaments rich with striking colors and colored lights! If Hansel and Grettel had a tree it would look just like hers!  

I love her so, she has made such an impact on my life!  She was a living, breathing, walking example of the Proverbs 31 woman!  So here's to you grandma, I dedicate this colorful beauty to you this year, I love you and can't wait to see you again face to face!

Do you have your tree up?  If so, how do you like to decorate it?   Do you think I am crazy? That's a loaded question!  Oh well, Merry Christmas Early!!!!!

My Past Writings