September 15, 2008

Were Still Breathing!


I know a lot of you are thinking of us and praying for us, again we are so appreciative!  I wanted to let you know we are leaning towards surgery.  I have just ordered Dr. Devinsky's book; Epilepsy: Patient and Family Guide as he recommended.  This will better inform us of all the details and such.  

Abby actually stopped seizing for a couple of days and on the 3rd continued up again.  During those two days I questioned if surgery was right, but immediately thought of how this too must be a testing of my faith.  God has laid surgery on our hearts as the way to go and then to see her stop for these days (which was rare) made me doubt and I realized very quickly that I should not sway from our prayerful hearts decision for our daughter.  

I have been resting on, "In his heart a man plans his ways, but its God that directs his path." How re-assuring this is for me!  It allows me to take a deep breath and relax knowing that I am trusting in my Savior for all decisions in her life.  Because He is sovereign, whatever we decided He will direct it, wether the outcome is a good one or a difficult one.  

This surgery was decided before the foundations of the earth were formed and that is overwhelmingly awesome to me!  A very smart man gave me a great reminder that God brought Dr. Devinsky to us.  God loves Abby so much that He directed us to this very intelligent doctor who cares deeply for Abby.  From the start we were 100% at ease with him and trusted him as we have had the opportunity know him better though our past 3 trips to NY.

I also wanted to share that God reminds us through scripture that we are to constantly remember what He has done for us.  God has been so faithful in our 3.5 year journey with our daughter.  He loved us so that He chose her for us and has drawn near to us, provided the means and His grace to get us through each wave of unknowns in her life. 

Blessed Be The Name Of  The Lord!

I can not say how warm my heart has felt knowing you all continue to pray for us, thank you again and again!  God is so good and so in control and so loves us that I have nothing to fear.  I am the little sheep at His feet resting in His care...  its a pretty good place to be!  

My sweet friend in CA sent this to me, I just love all the truth it speaks...

"Jesus has many who love His kingdom in heaven, but few who bear His cross.  He has many who desire comfort, but few who desire suffering.  He finds many to share His feast, but few his fasting.  All desire to rejoice to be with Him, but few are willing to suffer for His sake.  Many follow Jesus to the breaking of bread, but few to the drinking of the cup of His passion.  Many admire His miracles, but few follow Him to the humiliations of His cross.  Many love Jesus as long as no hardship touches them ...  

They who love Jesus for His own sake, and not for the sake of comfort for themselves, bless Him in every trial and anguish of heart, no less than in the greatest joy.  And were He never willing to bestow comfort on them, they would still always praise Him and give him thanks."  Thomas  A'Kempis

My Past Writings