August 21, 2008

No Call, but I still found out!


Funny how God works...  I told myself that I would put it off as long as I could... Then... later much later I would put a call into Dr. Devinskie to find out if he knew if Abby was a candidate for surgery or not. 

Yesterday, I got a call on my cell phone that someone needed to ask me questions about Abby's last MRI results.    I called this morning and this guy said that he needed the CD of Abby's last MRI to be sent before Tuesday's conference.  My heart kinda dropped.... "What conference?" I asked (I knew, but wanted to hear from someone that it was official) he responded, "The one Dr. Devinskie is going to to present Abby's case."  I don't know how I feel, always knew that he was going to do this, but now that it is actually going to happen  I am kinda numb.  Don't want to walk the wandering road of "what ifs" quite yet.  Eventually, I know I will and I have many questions already filed away... but won't allow the drawer to be opened yet.   

I have the CD here at home and will have to re-send it back out (I guess they never made a copy of it the 1st time I sent it out.  So me sending this CD out is like taking the 1st step towards this possible life altering decision for my daughter.  The hands on the clock continue to tick forward and I don't want them too... I want time to stand still for awhile, selfishly...

I would love prayer from my prayer warrior friends out there for discernment and wisdom on Tuesday while these doctors review Abby's case. 

There is so much more I want to know, but don't...  I want to call and ask, but can't...

Trust... Trust in the Lord... Be still and know that I am God...  echos in my heart...

My Past Writings