August 27, 2008

25 Things About Me You Didn't Know...

Many moms are doing this and I thought, "How fun, I want to too!"  So here they are, it took me some time to reflect and come up with 25, but I did it.  

1. Back in the 80's I was "Bachelorette #3" on the Dating Game Show (that's gonna age me!)
2. I was in a Toyota commercial. 
3. I have been to Egypt, Israel, Jamaica & Ireland .
4. My name is Tamara, but my family calls me Tammy.  My mom got Tammy from a 1957 movie, "Tammy and the Bachelor" starring Debbie Reynolds.  I adore Debbie Reynolds!  She sang this song "Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love" which was on the Top 40 charts for 23 weeks, #1 for 5 weeks and nominated for best song in 1957.
5. I love tornado's and want more than anything to run with the chasers to photograph em!
6. My dream job would be a photographer for National Geographic.
7. I am a great personality mix of a Martha Stewart & Monk and then not, if that makes sense.
8. I worked at The Happiest Place on Earth... Disneyland! 
9. When I was born, I had so much hair my mom put it in pig tails.
10. My 1st car was a little red Fiero.
11. I have seen Titanic in the movie theatres 17 times.
12. When I was little I always wanted to be a gymnast, but told I was too tall!!!!!
13. I often wonder with all that have past on before me, will I ever be able to walk "alone" with Christ?  
14. I usually buy a new pair of glasses every year just for the fun of it.
15. When I was really little my mom found me in the bathroom playing cars on the floor with her tampons.
16. The last page of my bible I have written; "God wills for us to always remain thankful.  It's a heart condition.  God is the giver, I am the receiver.  The receiver must always be thankful even in the darkest providence's!  It's always external to us, we thank God.  If we are full of ourselves, we can not be thankful!"  * Sometimes for the greater good, sacrifices must be made.
17. I LOVE Turner Classic Movies and seriously feel I was born in the wrong era!
18. I hate shopping, especially for me.
19. I can not wait until Christmas to give/open gifts and usually do so the day I purchase or receive them even months before!  I have a huge problem with waiting.
20. Whenever I am alone, and it's windy, I close my eyes and imagine that the wind that blows around me is a hug from God and the harder it blows the bigger the hug!
21. I was baptized in the Jordan River.
22. I love the heavens and all that is in them!  I wish I could fly out there to explore em' especially the Eagles Nebula!
23. My favorite season is Fall with the smell of Christmas around the corner and that is why I put my Christmas tree up the day after Halloween.
24. I love the smell of rain and my daughters breath!
25. My grandma, who is now in heaven was the only woman who has had the greatest impact on my life because she was a walking testimony of the Proverbs 31 woman.

Hope you enjoyed and follow suit!  If you do let me know, I would love to know more about you too!  Blessings, Tam

My Past Writings