May 1, 2008

Colorado Weather... Reflections Of Me


It's not anything new to say that the weather here in Colorado is well... down right all over the place!

~ Warm then cold

~ freezing, rain & slushy

~ Just plain hot

~ Cloudy, Gray & cold

~ Beautiful & warm

~ Warm with wild winds

~ Hail & winter snow storms!

What in the world, it is MAY for heaven sakes!!! The day before yesterday I was so excited because it was warm, green was blooming everywhere and our aspen trees are starting to look so pretty! This morning, I'm out in the dead of winter shaking the trees with my broom trying to get the weight of the snow off so it doesn't break the branches! Oh yeah, and Santa should of been propped out front on his sleigh with that little gitty smile next to a sign that reads; "NORTH POLE"... A magical place!

It is evening now all is quiet and I was thinking of the crazy weather patterns and how they un-characteristically are refections of me. There are days I am;

~ High and low emotionally

~ Brain dead, crying and puffy

~ Can't handle much more

~ Heavy hearted, glum and don't wanna get outta bed

~ Rejuvenated & feeling good

~ Just living the dream & along comes a slam here and there

~ Everything hits at once and I want to crawl in a hole!

Where am I going with this, not sure its late and I'm sleepy, but God does have a sense of humor and a wonderful way of showing me my personality in the weather! My conclusion of this posting of rambling is that He is in control of the weather and is right there along with me during my weather changes in life.

We look at thunderstorms, lightening, snow falling, winds blowing, hail storms and they are all sites to behold which captivate us! After thunder storms, the smell of rain is refreshing and the site of a rainbow is breath taking. Lighting is fascinating and heavens firework display! After a snowstorm everything is white, silent, untouched & beautiful! The sound of winds blowing through trees is music created in heaven, tall grass and flowers dance at it's touch. Hail storms, scary at times and in an instance turn everything white!

True with the reflections of weather in our lives, thunderstorms, lightening, winds, hail are not fun nor beautiful as they embrace us, but what becomes of them is. Weathering the storms in our life, how we look at them and how we endure them brings about the true reflection of Christ. It is here, the testing of our faith... as we are barely hanging on by a thread that Christ shines His brightest through us, because in our weakness He is mighty! It is here when we feel useless, that we are used the most... Humbled we are, that He may be glorified!

It is the child of God that can sing;
I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say amen and it's still raining as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away. And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry to You and raised me up again my strength is almost gone how can I carry on if I can't find You and as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you" and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away. I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth (Praise You in This Storm, Casting Crowns)

Isn't the Lord amazing that He would reveal this in the last weeks of Colorado crazy weather... I got so upset that I didn't get my sunshine all the time and almost sidestepped this beautiful bit of wisdom. Thank you Lord for slowing me down long enough to be still and reflect on Your beauty!

My Past Writings