January 24, 2009

Dr. Appointment Update

Hi all, thank you so much for praying for me!!!! I actually feel better this morning in my wrists, neck and elbows. My knees and ankles are swollen and my fingers are slowing coming back from being so tight and tingly.

The doctor said that 5th disease is most likely what I have and that there has been a lot of it going around in the schools as of late. When a child gets it they look like their cheeks have been slapped red, rash on the arms with a high fever. When an adult gets this, it attacks their joints for 6-8 weeks with much pain. Adults getting 5th disease is not common, nor contagious and you catch it from a carrier just through the air! I am on an anti-inflammatory now in hopes to alleviate the swelling and pain. They also took 6 viles of blood to test for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Cancer, Lupus or Mono. All this sounds like so much fun but I'd like to bank on 5th disease and leave it there, please Lord!!

I appreciate all your personal e-mails and advice, I will hold on to each one and when I hear the results in 5-7 days I may use some of them!

My Mom and her friend, Tammy have been such a great help! Last night Tammy (she is an RN) took Abby's monitor with her to bed and watched Abby through the night for me so I was able to get real "sound" sleep for the 1st time in oh..... almost 4 years! I had such a peace when I went to sleep and let me tell you what a blessing to have no worries through the night... Thank you Lord, Thank you Tammy!!!

Again I can not thank you all enough for all your prayers! I am so blessed to have each and everyone of you praying on my behalf and my daughters too! May the Lord bless each one of you!

I will update again when I know the results of the tests. Having family and a good solid nurse around we are going to take advantage and I think steal away to the mountains to play with the boys.... much needed R&R!

Love you all!

My Past Writings