November 5, 2008

Oye, can't sleep after this election!

My thoughts are jumbled at 1:30 a.m. this November 5th morning...  I can't sleep and keep awaking communing with my God...  I am all over the place with my heart and thoughts... I am so glad He understands my mumblings. 

In an outburst of sheer irritation last night my husband sweetly reminded me that we are called to pray for our leaders and OH that did not sit so well and stung my heart... I rambled on again and instantly heard Joey in the next room repeating the anger in my heart...  Ops, forgive me Lord... I am Peter through and through, right there jumping out with my sword...  I wish I were more humble and had prudence... its a work in progress, I'm thankful He is patient with my ugly misgivings.

The last couple of days I have woken up with the song, "You Are God Alone" I love it when this happens... I think the Lord is sweetly re-assuring me that no matter who sits in the White House, He is on His throne and that it is by His sovereign hand that this man has been elected as our new president.

Read these words with me as you sing in your heart... trusting in our Father in this new erra that is about to unfold before us.

You Are God Alone
You are not a God created, by human hands,
You are not a God dependent, on any mortal man
Your are not a God in need of, anything we can give
By your plan, that's just the way it is 

You are God alone, from before time began
You were on Your throne, You were God Alone
And right now, in the good times and bad
You are on Your throne, You are God alone

You're the only God whose power, non can contend
You're the only God whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God who's worthy, of everything we can give
You are God, that's just the way it is

You are God alone, from before time began
You were on Your throne, You were God Alone
And right now, in the good times and bad
You are on Your throne, You are God Alone

Unchangeable, unshakeable, unstoppable, that's what You are...
Unchangeable, unshakeable, unstoppable, that's what You are....

You are God alone, from before time began
You were on your throne, You were God Alone
And right now, in the good times and bad
You are on Your throne, and You are God Alone

Unchangeable, unshakeable, unstoppable, that's what Your are...

Thank you Father for your sweet reminder...  My heart rests in Your plan for our nation... and I submit and commit to pray for our new leader, love your little wild stallion at heart....

My Past Writings