November 20, 2008

Abigail Update

Hi all, just a quick update!

Medicine
Abbs is now back on Sabril and a higher dose of Zonagram.  We will continue this for a week and then decrease the Sabril and increase once again the Zonagram.  Dr. Devinsky will be weening Abbs off the Sabril all together soon since it no longer is working as it was.  Abby has been very grouchy and sleepy (side effects) but I am hoping that she climbs outta it.

Nursing
We have temporary nursing for the next two weeks.  I do have a nurse that is going to come for 3-4 days a week, but this won't take place for a couple of week or even until January 09.  Still I am thankful, but at the same time not placing all my hope as most of the time things happen and don't go as ya would like.  So all and all I am happy and will take one day at a time.

Seizures
She has not had another episode like the last two, thank the Lord!  Her seizures seem to be decreasing and are of much shorter duration, so THANK YOU LORD!

Surgery
As it goes, the surgery has been postponed until either Feb, Mar or Apr of 09.  I spoke with the surgeon and this surgery is indeed a three part process and I will have to be gone for at least 5 weeks straight.  I am glad that it is later than sooner!  Not in a rush to an operating table!  

My Back
I was praying the other day and just mulling over faith and what it looks like for us today.  In the Bible we read of the blind beggar in Luke 18 that heard Jesus was coming.  He heard the heightened excitement of the crowd and asked what was going on.  They told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by.  The beggar called out, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"  The crowd rebuked him and he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" Jesus stopped and ordered for this man to be brought to Him.  When the beggar came near, Jesus asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?"  The beggar responds, "Lord, I want to see."  Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."  

I love this because...
1.  It shows immediate faith in Jesus, there is no doubt here, just sheer faith!
2.  It bears witness to persistence!  Even after he was rebuked and told to be quiet he shouted even louder! 
3.  The beggar came to Jesus and was asked what he wanted.
4.  His faith was what healed him!  ~ His blind faith

Then I think of the mustard seed and how small this is and the Bible tells us in Matthew 17:20 that if we have faith as small as a mustard seed we could move mountains!  This beggars faith maybe small as a mustard seed was immediate, persistent and was bequeathed before the Lord and it healed him!

So I am trying to put this all together thinking of my back and praying that the Lord would remove this constant pain, which has really hindered me.  I can honestly say that for the last couple of days, my lower back pain is GONE!  Lately, I have falling off a ladder, ran down switch backs on a big mountain and have been maintaing the care that Abby needs!  (Oh, incase your wondering, I was painting when I fell off the ladder and coming back from a photo shoot trying to hurry and get home to grab Abb's in time for her hippotherapy appointment) I am soar in my upper back.... but my lower has never felt better!  I am so thankful and pray that I am reminded time and time again that faith in Jesus no matter how small is immediate and persistent!  Does not mean that the Lord will always answer my request, but when He does its wonderful!

Thanks for all your continued prayers and support!

My Past Writings