June 3, 2008

Womanade of Castle Rock

Tonight I was honored to partake in a wonderful cause through, "Womanade of Castle Rock". Last week I received a phone call from Diane with the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce that Abigail was chosen to be a recipient for the month of June! Thank you Jesus!

Starting with only 4 women and an idea from a Simple Magazine, this very special group has grown into 40-50 ladies that come together every quarter to fellowship and talk about their main purpose... raising money "together" in order to give to people in need from the Town of Castle Rock! Tonight we were told that they have raised an incredible $16,000.00 and have helped over 20 families! Can I say that they are wonderful and doing a beautiful thing! If you have a chance check out their website at http://womenadecastlerock.com/ to read more about their mission!

I was asked to share and told of Abigail story from the beginning (the nutshell version). I also spoke of the Bruno Chair Lift System that I am trying to get help in funding for Abigail. I have never spoke to a group of this size and was a bit nervous and teary eyed, but managed to pull through without completely falling apart! I was and am still just so overwhelmed that they would want to help little Abigail!

So many sweet ladies came up to me afterwards to give me a hug and a bit of encouragement... It was so wonderful to be apart of something so beautiful and loving!

To all the wonderful women that I met tonight, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your love, devotion, and desire to work together to bless those in need! You truly are a blessing from above and I pray that the Lord will continue to bless the work of your hands!

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

My Past Writings