May 29, 2008

Bridges In Our Lives


One thing that I don’t allow myself to ponder on is what my life is going to look like in the near and far off future with regards to Abigail. Even when I began to walk this journey, I would not allow myself to “wonder” and play in my heart the “what ifs”. To be honest I did at various times think beyond the tomorrows, but very quickly came back... for in those moments I went beyond the protection of the gate. My Dad, for as long as I can remember growing-up would always encourage me with “Don’t cross that bridge until you get there honey, today has enough of its own troubles”.

Matthew 6:25-34 says, 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31"So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Dad would call me often in the hospital after Abby was born and encourage me over and over, “Don’t cross that bridge until you get there”... I knew God was asking if I trusted Him completely... I wanted to obey; I wanted Him to smile when He looked upon His daughter in this trying situation and therefore prepared my heart to submit fully each time.

I want to encourage those reading this to submit your hearts from wandering. Stop at His feet, lay down your worries, what ifs and wondering! Anticipating future troubles by worrying about them today only doubles them. New troubles visit us each day, but so does our Heavenly Father! It is by His grace that we will get through our daily trials during our lives, enduring them, learning from them, being strengthened from the journey, until we enter into His kingdom and glory forever, where we will never again hunger or thirst, where we will be led to springs of living water, where God will wipe away every tear from our eyes!

TRUST... Embrace it, for it is so FREEING! Ask yourself, if you trust God for the most important thing ever.... your salvation, how then can you not completely trust Him in your daily trials?

Jeremiah 17:7-8
Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

Isaiah 26:3-4
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal

Proverbs 16:20
Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.

Isaiah 43:2
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze”, says the Lord.

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Psalm 51:6Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you O God, teach me wisdom in the inmost place.


My Past Writings